An F.O. and a W.I.P. to Share

 


Hot off the needles: a pair of wool socks for me. Knit in Laura Linneman's "Footpath Sock" pattern - at least for the stitch pattern anyway, I did my "own thing" for the cuffs, heels, and toes - the yarns featured were some Malabrigo fingering (the dark purple-blue) and some handspun 3-ply that I happened to have a big cake of. The cast on is a stretchy Italian cast-on. The heel is a Balbriggan heel, and the toes are the standard wedge toes. Malabrigo yarns often bleed when they're washed for the first time, so when I was finished with the knitting and finish work, I soaked the socks in lukewarm water with a bit of Retayne in it, to head off any dye running. Worked a treat! No color in the water. Rinse, "squoze", and dried the socks on sock blockers. Done!

What's new on the needles? The Cozy Quilt Socks using one strand of blue and one strand of cream. Shocker: this time I'm actually following the pattern! Pictures when I have something worth showing. 

And finally launched: the watercolor motocross cross stitch piece. Here, I'm working on gridding to make my stitching life easier. 


I've begun the stitching itself, and am finding that the top left corner of the pattern is giving me lots of practice in pin stitch, parking threads, and double checking my work before I go on to the next 10x10 stitch grid. I've already had to "frog" a couple of stitches, because - apparently - I can't count to three. 

I'd love to stitch through one 10x10 stitch grid square every day, but I know realistically I'll be doing well to get five done in a week. It will take me a Long Time to stitch this, but I really want the stitching completely finished by mid-March of next year. Professional framing will take some time, and I'd like to have the project completed, with framing, by April 1, 2027.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Spending a Little Time

Planning for Change

An Open Letter to My Mother